Duke made the Final Four in one of the few things that I care more about than college basketball, money. Duke lost to the eventual champion Stanford in the bracket. Payscale.com did their bracketology picks
based on how much alumni make 5-15 years into their careers. The bracket isn’t completely fair because Cornell has the #4 overall but had a tough matchup against Stanford in the first round.
How the salary was calculated
The Top 4 in Salary
- Identify the employees in our database who attended each university in the NCAA Men’s bracket
- Select those who are 5 to 15 years into their careers: this is about 30 to 40 years old
- Calculate the median annual total cash compensation for the selected employees
- Stanford ($113,000) - Wins it all!
- Notre Dame ($99,100) - Goes to the championship game
- Duke ($96,800)- Makes the final four (as usual; Go Blue Devils! :-)
- Cornell ($93,900)- Out in the first round to Stanford